Tue, 21 Mar|
Functional Analytic Psychotherapy (FAP) - Level 2 Professional Intensive - 8-weeks
Level Two Professional Intensive focuses on in-depth functional formulation and honing effective clinical interactions as a FAP therapist.
Time & Location
21 Mar 2023, 17:30 GMT – 09 May 2023, 19:30 BST
About the event
This intensive hones your conceptualisation skills as a FAP clinician. We turn your personal experience from Level 1 around to the clinician's perspective and focus on how to apply the FAP processes to your sessions.
- Apply fundamental theoretical principles of Functional Analytic Psychotherapy with a client.
- Conceptualize a case using a functional analytic approach that relates out-of-session problems to in-session behaviour
- Describe how your own learning history produces vulnerabilities and strengths in your therapeutic relationships
- How to observe non-verbal interactions and include this in your conceptualisation.
- Track the therapeutic dyad with Rule 4 to calibrate your therapeutic influence
- Increase awareness and connection across diverse client identities
Fee £350 (click amount to pay)
All profits goes towards sustaining the work of our charity.
Both professional and personal development are emphasized in this group. The personal component involves exercises and homework assignments that facilitate self-exploration, self-disclosure, and risk-taking. These are designed to cultivate the FAP key skills of awareness, courageous, and therapeutic love and include the sharing of life stories, weekly risk logs, and loss histories. This will be an intense bonding and personal growth experience, and is suitable only for those who are willing to be interpersonally vulnerable.
Tien Kuei is the Founder and CEO of Power to Live, a mental health charity with the mission to disseminate affordable behavioural trainings and treatments. Tien received her FAP training under Mavis Tsai and Bob Kohlenberg, as well as being supervised by Mavis over many years. She is a certified FAP trainer by the University of Washington and have trained cohorts of P2L therapists to deliver FAP with CBT and ACT. Tien have also designed and delivered workshops on nonverbal interactions in therapeutic interactions at ACBS conferences.